Regarding WingShield Industries

WingShield Industries was established in 2009 to design and manufacture shield peripherals for the Arduino microcontroller platform.

We are: Brian Jepson, Tod E. Kurt, and John Edgar Park.

Please contact us: wings at WingShieldIndustries . com

follow us on Twitter @WingShield

11 Responses to “Regarding WingShield Industries”

1. Ulf Claesson says:

Do You make Screw Shield for Arduino Mega?

/Ulf

2. admin says:

Hi Ulf,

We don’t plan to right now, but may consider it in the future. We’re trying to gauge interest. Right now you can use our standard ScrewShields on a Mega for the first pins, just not any of the additional ones beyond what a regular Arduino has.

3. Craig Gates says:

I would be very interested in a version for the Mega, It’s great on the Duemilanova!

Thnak you,
    Craig

4. Rob says:

I would also appreciate a screw shield for the Arduino Mega

5. Bruce Schreiner says:

I am using the screwshield that you made and sell through SparkFun with the prototyping area in the center (not the wing shield). I was able to trace through and determine the pads that are connected but am trying to reason why you chose the pattern for connecting the pads that you did. I am attempting to place an IC on the board and it seems that I would straddle the 5V and GND pad row down the center of the board but the left side of the pins hit on the individual pads and the right side hit on the three pad group like I would expect (so I can easily make connections to the pin of the IC via the three connected pads). Should there also be a set of three connected pads for each pin on the left side also? Is there another way for placing components that is more inline with your design that I am overlooking? Help!

6. admin says:

Hi Bruce,

That variant of the ScrewShield was designed and made by SparkFun. Could you post your question in the comments at their website? It’s https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9729

Cheers,

Brian

7. Also looking for a wing shield for the Mega.

8. If you’re considering Screw Shield for the Arduino Mega, I would like to bye the first 10 psc. I use your protoScrewSheild today (very happy about it) with a lot of my projects, but I have “grown” out of the Arduino uno and would like to buy the same high quality Screw Shield for my Arduino Mega boards. Please consider helping us, it will make it much easier to do some bigger projects.

Tom M Petersen
    Denmark

9. admin says:

Thanks to everyone who suggested the ScrewShield for Arduino Mega. Since all of our sales are through third-parties who license the design, it would be very helpful if you’d let them know that you’re interested. You can see a list of ScrewShield makers at http://wingshieldindustries.com/products/screwshield/

10. Bill Dawes says:

Are there any enclosures that are built do fit an arduino with a wingshield? All of the enclosures I can find are not built for the extra width from the wings.

11. admin says:

Hi Bill, unfortunately, I’m not aware of any. You may be able to find and modify a CAD model from TinkerCAD. Check out this link for example: https://www.tinkercad.com/search/?q=arduino